Come learn about the Harrington School difference . . .
The Harrington School of Communication and Media Information Sessions
These 45-minute sessions, presented by the Director of the Harrington School and Associate Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, or one of the members of his leadership team, provide information about the undergraduate majors, minors, and focus areas in the Harrington School of Communication and Media. Learn more about our exciting programs, local and global internships, experienced-based curriculum, and high-tech communication and media facilities.
Register for an information session held in the Harrington Hub Screening Room, Ranger Hall Room 103 (on the Main Quadrangle) by registering first for a campus tour here .
You will be prompted to add an academic session as part of the reservation process. If you are only interested in attending this session (and not combining it with a campus tour) contact Jackie Moreino at email@example.com.
Friday, February 16 2:00 p.m.
Friday, February 23, 2:00 p.m.
Friday, March 30, 2:00 p.m.
Friday, April 6, 2:00 p.m.
Friday, April 20, 2:00 p.m.
Find out more about the following majors, minors, and focus areas in:
- Communication Studies (tracks: Organizational/Professional, Media, Public Advocacy, Intercultural/Interpersonal, Environmental and Health)
- Film/Media (film and television production, history, editing, analysis)
- Multimedia Journalism (news reporting, broadcasting, writing, editing, sports journalism)
- Public Relations (tracks: Social Media, Entrepreneurship, Event Management)
- Writing and Rhetoric (writing that gets things done: interdisciplinary, technology-rich, experiential)
- Business of Digital Media (minor only)
- Sports Media (courses available, major/minor forthcoming)
The Shadow Program
You may also sign up to Shadow a Harrington Ranger, student ambassadors and peer mentors who embody the values of the Harrington School.
See what life is like in the Harrington School of Communication and Media. While shadowing, you will have the opportunity to accompany a Harrington School student to a class, meet with faculty, and enjoy a complimentary lunch on us in the dining hall! If you would like further information or would like to schedule a visit, please contact the Shadow Program.
To learn general information about campus life and the university, you may visit the Admissions Page and also sign up for a group campus tour.
Check out our 3 locations: Kingston, Providence, and the Bay campus.