Open to all Harrington School Majors
Application Deadline: May 11, 2018
The Harrington School of Communication and Media is seeking 4–6 enthusiastic, creative, and responsible students to manage the Harrington School of Communication and Media social media accounts and newsletter. This is a terrific opportunity for you to sharpen your communication skills across a variety of media, and gain real-world experience that will enhance your marketability upon graduation. You will also complete an online social media certification course as part of this internship experience, which will significantly enhance your resume and credentials.
Involvement in the Harrington Media Agency earns you internship credit for your collaborative work. You must commit, however, to working at the Agency for an entire year. In the Spring semester, you will receive a $500 stipend.
You will work collaboratively to create a recognizable brand for the Harrington School, and will be required to meet once a week for 2 hours. These positions will be competitive so in order to apply, you should have a strong desire to work as a member of a high-performing team, and learn in a real-world working environment.
- Maintain frequent e-mail correspondence with director/faculty supervisor
- Work directly with the Harrington School Director to ensure consistent branding and develop overall marketing strategies moving forward
- Work on branding and marketing initiatives which contribute to increases in the visibility of the Harrington School
- Ensure news and events as well as all pages are updated, created accurately, and re-written to ensure proper format
- Maintain all social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn) and be open to learning how to advertise through them and study the back-end data and analytics they produce
- Create new ideas for social media and website content
- Conduct phone and email interviews
- Write and edit stories highlighting current and former Harrington students, faculty and staff, and advisory board members
- Publish at least one news story each week
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Be able to multitask and prioritize
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Tech savvy and willing to learn new technology
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Be thorough and precise with attention to detail
- Available when needed
- Takes initiative
Start date will be in September and expected workload is 10 hours/week for three academic credits each semester. This is a two-semester commitment.
If you’re interested, please email Dr. Lisa Bergson @ email@example.com. Please include your resume and a short note as to why you are interested in the position.