- Carole Radziwill to deliver Amanpour Lecture - Carole Radziwill will share her experiences as a journalist, best-selling author, and longtime cast member of “The Real Housewives of New York City.”
- Harrington School offers first sports communication & media course - by Juliana Dellamarggio This fall, the Harrington School of Communication and Media introduced the first-ever Introduction to Sports Media and Communication class taught by award-winning sports director and anchor, Yianni Kourakis. The course offers students a survey of perspectives on sports communication and media. It addresses the changing 24/7 landscape of sports media, the prevalence […]
- Graduate Program in Library and Information Studies Receives Continued Accreditation - This ALA-accredited Master’s Program is one of six stellar programs of the Harrington School, which enjoys an increase in enrollments of almost 50% over the past year.
- Alumni Spotlight: Nikki Noya ’00 - URI is proud to have so many distinguished alumni with exciting careers. Nikki Noya, URI class of 2000, is no exception. Noya is the co-host of the travel television talk show “The Jet Set,” the first hybrid talk and travel show.
- Class of 2018 Spotlight: Jessica Pace - The end of the school year can be a frightening time for seniors who are not sure what they want to do after graduation or have not yet landed the job they desire. This was not the case for Jessica Pace, ’18, a journalism and communication studies double major.
- Harrington School receives $3 million gift - Richard J. Harrington ’73 and Jean Harrington have made a $3 million commitment to the Harrington School of Communication and Media.
- URI alumna Amanpour to fill PBS slot full-time - After filling PBS’ late-night time slot on an interim basis for five months, Christiane Amanpour, University of Rhode Island graduate, has been named the permanent successor to Charlie Rose.
- Ellis Iacono ’18 - Ellis Iacono arrived at the University of Rhode Island with the goal of becoming a doctor, and like any curious scientist, he kept his mind open to experiences and discoveries that could broaden his perspective and sharpen his focus.
- Harrington School Media Agency Internship - The Harrington School of Communication and Media is seeking 4–6 enthusiastic, creative, and responsible students to manage the Harrington School of Communication and Media social media accounts and newsletter.
- URI filmmaker tackles issues of race, environment - URI journalism professor Kendall Moore's powerful films about race, the environment and other issues have raised understanding and won multiple awards.
- Chelsea Opong-Wadeer ’18 - For a budding newspaper reporter, getting a first byline can be a thrill. Chelsea Opong-Wadeer was so excited she framed her debut and hung it on her bedroom wall.
- Trenton Anderson ’18 - Trenton Anderson was a shy teenager in high school. He didn’t have many friends, and he spent a lot of time alone in his room making YouTube videos.
- Michael Shawver ’07 - A panther has taken down the Titanic and film editor Michael Shawver '07 is among those responsible.
- URI Film/Media Student Film Clips #1 - Clips from: Saudade, Dinner Out, and The Outside of Life.
- Nicole Lattarulo, Sports Producer and Reporter - Nicole E. Lattarulo is a sports producer, anchor, and reporter for the Good Five Cent Cigar News, and a Harrington School student majoring in Journalism and minoring in Communication Studies.