- Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, Wolters Kluwer
Nancy McKinstry is Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Executive Board of Wolters Kluwer since September 1, 2003, and Member of the Executive Board since June 1, 2001.
Before assuming her present position in 2003, Ms. McKinstry gained more than a decade of experience at Wolters Kluwer and its operating companies in North America. Most recently, she was an Executive Board member of the company and previously served as CEO of Wolters Kluwer’s operations in North America. She also was President and CEO of CCH Legal Information Services, now a part of Wolters Kluwer’s Legal & Regulatory division. Earlier, Ms. McKinstry held product management positions with CCH INCORPORATED, now part of Wolters Kluwer’s Tax & Accounting division.
In 1999, Ms. McKinstry worked as CEO of SCP Communications, a medical information company, before rejoining Wolters Kluwer to head its North American operations. Early in her career, she held management positions with Booz & Company (formerly Booz Allen Hamilton), an international management-consulting firm, where she focused on assignments in the media and technology industries.
Achievements & Awards
- Appointed by the Chinese State Council Information Office as a member of the Foreign Consultant Committee
- Has been repeatedly included in leading lists of business media as one of the most powerful women in business
- Among Fortune’s Global 50 Powerful Women in Business
- Financial Times’ Top 50 Women in World Business
- Honorary degree of Doctor of Laws by the University of Rhode Island
Advice for Students
The media industry is dynamic and transforming, driven by technology advancements, changes in consumer behavior and creation of new business models. My advice is to incorporate experiences working in the industry through work study and internships to develop a practical application of what you learn in the classroom.