- Assistant Professor
- Graduate School of Library and Information Studies
- Phone: 401.874.4654
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Location: Rodman Hall, Rm 105
Mary Moen received a Ph.D. in Education from the URI/RIC joint program and an MLIS with a specialization in School Library Media from the URI Graduate School of Library and Information Studies. After many years as a school librarian, she is happy to share her knowledge and support students in the school media track as the Coordinator of the School Library Media program. She teaches courses in School Library Media Services, Digital Information Literacy Instruction, Library Management, and Children’s Materials and Services.
Dr. Moen served as the program director of the highly successful Media Smart Libraries program. This program was funded in part by an Institute of Museum and Library Services grant awarded to GSLIS. She enjoys biking, hiking, swimming, and going to museums.
Dr. Moen’s research interests include self-directed professional learning for educational technology integration, digital badge programs, and maker-culture in libraries.
- Ph.D., Education, University of Rhode Island/Rhode Island College Joint Program, 2015
- MLIS, University of Rhode Island URI, 2003
- B.A., Art History, Brown University, 1982