- Associate Professor, Program Chair
- Phone: 401.874.9077
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Location: Rodman Hall, Rm 101
John Pantalone began teaching at URI in 2000 and has been department chair since 2011. Prior to that he worked for more than two decades as a news reporter and editor at community newspapers in Rhode Island. He teaches courses in news writing, journalism ethics, mass media and other topics.
Professor Pantalone emphasizes the importance of journalism to the function of democracy in all his classes, but also stresses to majors adherence to the fundamental principles of journalism: pursuit of the truth; transparency in process; fairness, accuracy and clarity.
Journalism ethics has been an area of interest for many years. Recently, Professor Pantalone has devoted time to researching how community newspapers are utilizing new technologies in an effort to survive.
- B.A., Journalism, University of Rhode Island, 1971
- M.A., Media Studies, Rhode Island College, 2005