- Co-founder, 1-800-DENTIST
Fred Joyal is currently the co-chairman of Futuredontics, Inc., a company he started in 1986, with the brand known as 1-800-DENTIST. He was CEO for 24 years. Beyond being a dental referral service, they now have a number of SaaS products and practice growth tools for dentists.
He wrote a book in 2009 entitled, “Everything is Marketing: the ultimate strategy for dental practice growth,” and it is now in it’s fourth revision.
Achievements & Awards
- Honorary Doctorate from URI in 2006.
- Conrad Hilton Distinguished Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2005.
- On February 28th, 2013, he was a clue on Jeopardy!
Advice for Students
- Adopt lifelong learning as a personal behavior.
- Follow your passion, not the money (or it will never be enough).
- When other people would give up, stay up, push through; don’t you ever be the one to stop you.
- Don’t try to be the best, try to be the only one who does exactly what you do.