The Winter J Term marketing interns will assist in all facets of marketing J Term courses to students. The internship will begin the week of September 17th and run through the conclusion of the 2018 Fall semester. Interns will have the option to continue working through the conclusion of the 2019 Winter J Term.
The primary role of the Winter J Term marketing interns will be coordination of all Winter J Term social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). Interns will also design signage to be placed around campus to alert students of important information related to the J Term. Up to four undergraduate students will be hired as interns.
- Able to spend 10 hours per week during the fall semester at various locations on the URI Kingston campus – mainly Roosevelt Hall – talking with student peers about all things Winter J Term (weekly schedule can be very flexible at student discretion)
- Prior experience using social media in a professional or collegiate setting
- Work-study eligible for the 2018 fall semester (To view this information, log onto e-Campus and navigate to Home > Campus Finances > View Financial Aid. If you have questions about your work study eligibility visit Enrollment Services in Green Hall or call that office at 401-874-9500).
- Marketing, Communication Studies, and/or Public Relations majors (students of all majors are encouraged to apply)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Matriculating URI undergraduate upperclassmen enrolled in 12+ credits for the Fall 2018 semester
Please do not hesitate to apply even if you are unsure if you meet all preferred qualifications.
Interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Sunday, September 7th at 2pm. Interviews will be scheduled for the week of Monday, September 10th and hiring decisions will be made the afternoon of Friday, September 14th.
Hired interns will report to:
John Olerio, Assistant Director, URI Summer Sessions and Winter J Term Nicole Cook, Specialist, URI Summer Sessions and Winter J Term
This internship will pay $10.10/hour.