Rhode Island Monthly Communications, Inc., based in Providence, is Rhode Island’s leading full-service publisher of magazines and specialty publications, including custom publishing projects. Products include several lifestyle and tourism publications serving residents of – and visitors to – Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts. In order to help support these endeavors, we are hoping to expand our digital presence – specifically involving videos. We are looking for a creative individual with production experience who would be willing to help us produce engaging videos that would appeal to our audience. The videos might include anything from live Facebook videos and short Instagram clips to interviews with local personalities, recipe how-to videos and longer projects that will tie in with magazine features (go to youtube.com/user/RhodeIslandMonthly and/or facebook.com/pg/RIMonthly/videos/ for examples).
- Currently enrolled in (or a recent graduate of) an undergraduate degree program with a focus in video production, film, new or electronic media, multimedia, or a similar program.
- If still enrolled in a higher ed institution, the student must be able to receive academic credit for the internship.
- Previous or current classes focused on audio/video production
- Experience using Adobe Premiere
- Experience with a DSLR camera (experience with specifically a Canon T5i is a plus )
- Proficient with video production equipment (boom mics and zoom recorders)
- Able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Able to brainstorm and communicate content ideas
- Able to set and adhere to strict deadlines
- Experience in Marketing and Communications a plus.
- Camera setup and operation
- Set up and breakdown of video production sets (if applicable)
- Assisting with live streaming events on Facebook
- Accompany editors on interviews to capture video content
- Gathering, editing and managing video content (final run time ranging from one minute to up to ten minutes) for delivery on different platforms (including our website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube channel)
- Working closely with management to create original video content in line with marketing objectives.
- Performing additional video-related duties, as directed.
This internship is unpaid but available for college credit. Interns are required to work at least 10 hours per week or as needed to fulfill their university’s credit and curriculum requirements. Scheduling is flexible, but intern must be able to travel to Providence and other parts of the state as needed. If interested, please email your resume and a link to your portfolio / past works to Rhode Island Monthly’s associate editor, Kait Murray, at firstname.lastname@example.org.