Advance Clinical and Translational Research (Advance-CTR) is a statewide collaboration based at Brown University between Brown, the University of Rhode Island, Lifespan, Care New England, the Providence VA Medical Center, and the Rhode Island Quality Institute.
Advance-CTR seeks a motivated self-starter who is interested in learning and implementing communications strategies for a research-focused audience. This is a great opportunity for anyone who is interested in exploring communications as a career path.
The communication intern will receive mentoring and gain experience in the following areas:
● Engaging with target audiences using social media; managing effective social media channels
● Pitching, packaging, and writing online content that appeals to a research audience
● Learning how to plan, carry out, and manage effective outreach strategies
● Completed or are working toward a college degree in a related field (communication, public relations, journalism, marketing, English)
● Basic understanding of social media tools
● Ability to communicate in a professional manner
● Self-motivated, organized, reliable, and curious
Start Date: Fall 2018
Hours: 8-12 hours per week
Compensation: This is an internship for academic course credit, or work-study with your academic institution.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.