SHIFT is hiring full time interns who would like to get some real-world experience in Public Relations. Your SHIFTernship is a 6-month gig. And it is paid! We are now considering applications for a July 2018 start date. Relocation is not available.
SHIFT’s internship program provides an excellent opportunity to experience the public relations industry first-hand and to learn from seasoned professionals in the field. To facilitate growth and ensure appropriate exposure to the various facets of public relations, interns will work closely with a variety of teams and clients.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Perform administrative and various clerical duties
• Help maintain client media lists
• Package press kits, promotional mailings and giveaways
• Collect and prepare press clips and maintain client clip books;
• Maintain editorial calendars
• Research client messaging, market trends and competitive data
• Attend creative brainstorm sessions
• Telephone contact with members of the editorial community
• Prepare written materials under account staff supervision
• Provide logistic support for press meetings, trade shows, prepare schedules and follow- up contact.
Specific skills for the position include the ability to:
• Organize and prioritize tasks
• Work with the professional public relations staff
• Assimilate corporate administrative procedures
• Learn PC applications and public relations tools (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), MAS90, Cision MediaSource, Factiva, PRSource Code, etc.)
• Learn about Agency clients and their markets
• Work on the phone to communicate key ideas
• Provide excellent writing and proofing skills.
For more information on Shift and on the role, please visit their website.
Need help with your application materials? Visit Starfish to make an appointment with the Harrington School’s Career Education Specialists, Jenna Visinho & Ashley Foley.