Formerly known as the Writing Projection Lab, the Digital Writing and Research Studio was renovated in summer 2022 and offers the following:
- Adobe Creative Suite installed on 6 new Macbook Pros
- Self-paced instruction on InDesign, Illustrator, and Premiere Rush
- A place to write and collaborate with team members
- Consultants to assist students in WRT classes with multimodal projects from an idea through production
- Free printing for students in WRT classes
The studio is open to all students, faculty, and staff in the URI community; however, consultations and printing are reserved for students enrolled in a WRT class.
Monday 10 – 4
Tuesday 10 – 3
Wednesday 10 – 7 (Use the rear entrance to Roosevelt after 5 pm)
Thursday 10 – 3
Friday 10 – 3
Scheduling a Consultation Appointment
To schedule a 45-minute session with one of our consultants on Calendly
Walk-ins are also accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Where are we?
We are located in Roosevelt Hall, room 320.
Roosevelt Hall is also home to the Undergraduate Writing Center (Room 009). If your assignment/project contains only text (words on a page or screen) should schedule a consultation with the Undergraduate Writing Center instead.
Email us with any questions or comments at email@example.com.
Email us with any questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org