Shadow a Student
Want a sneak peek at what life is like at the Harrington School? Our Shadow Program pairs you up with one of our students for a day, and even includes a free lunch!
Schedule your visit now »
Ann Salzarulo, Coordinator
401.874.2110 / email@example.com
SubscribeJoin our mailing list
When you register for a URI campus tour–held most weekdays–you can also register for a special 45-minute information session about the Harrington School of Communication and Media. You will learn about our undergraduate majors, minors, and focus areas:
- Communication Studies–organizational/professional, media, public advocacy, intercultural/interpersonal, environmental and health
- Film/Media–film and television production, history, editing, analysis
- Journalism–news reporting, broadcasting, writing, editing, sports journalism
- Public Relations–social media, entrepreneurship, event management
- Writing and Rhetoric–writing that gets things done
- Library and Information Studies–graduate program
- Business of Digital Media–interdisciplinary minor
- Sports Media and Communication–interdisciplinary minor
Information sessions are also an opportunity to get a feel for our interdisciplinary, experienced-based approach, find out about local and international internships available to our students, and tour our high-tech communication and media facilities.
How to register:
First, schedule a campus tour through the URI Admission office. You will be prompted to add one of the following academic sessions as part of the reservation process.
2018 Harrington School information sessions:
- Friday, June 29, 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 13, 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 17, 2:00 p.m.
If you are only interested in attending this session, and not combining it with a campus tour, contact Jackie Moreino at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information sessions are held in the Harrington Hub Screening Room, Ranger Hall (on the main quadrangle), room 103.