Library and Information Studies
To apply for scholarships please email Dr. Valerie Karno (email@example.com) for more information. Students are encouraged to re-apply each semester; deadlines are February 15th (all scholarship awards are given in the fall semester).
- Mattoon-Kline Scholarship - Applications will be evaluated for evidence of citizenship, residency, contribution to professional diversity, and financial need. Announcement of the award will be made at the GSLIS Annual Gathering.
- Outside Scholarship Opportunities - Students in the GSLIS program can also apply for scholarship opportunities outside of the Harrington School of Communication and Media.
- Betty Fast Memorial Endowment - This memorial Scholarship was established by her family, alumni and friends to recognize students in the GSLIS program who show excellence in their academic work, strong potential in library leadership, and a commitment to youth services in school or public libraries. The award will be made in the form of a tuition benefit.
- RI Coalition of Library Advocates Scholarship - Scholarships for students in two areas: one preparing for public librarianship, and another preparing for school librarianship; based on social responsibility, leadership and contribution to the community, selected by GSLIS Director.
- GSLIS Scholarship - Scholarship for GSLIS student, selected by GSLIS Director.
- Elizabeth D. Futas Scholarship - This memorial Scholarship was established to recognize students in the GSLIS program who show excellence in their academic work, strong potential in library leadership, and a commitment to professional development, ethics, and service, in the spirit of Dr. Futas.
- J. Kresten Jespersen Scholarship - This scholarship for GSLIS students aims to support a student with a background in the humanities, particularly art or art history, who wants to pursue a library and information science degree with a focus on studying visual information and making visual materials digitally available.