Library and Information Studies
As the pace and complexity of the information age grows, librarians and information specialists are in ever increasing demand. Our graduates work in public, school, and special library settings in communities throughout the United States and abroad in major cities, multinational corporations, and government and nonprofit organizations.
Accredited by the American Library Association (ALA), the general MLIS program is a 36-credit-hour program that is customizable to your area(s) of interest. The program requires completion of 15 credits of core classes, and you take 21 credits of elective classes in any area of your choosing.
- flexible and affordable curriculum
- online and hybrid courses
- internship opportunities
- robust alumni network
- 1-on-1 course and career advising
- strong track record of professional placements
Dual Degree Options
- MLIS/M.A. History Cooperative Program
- MLIS/Master of Public Administration Cooperative Program
- MLIS/M.A. English Cooperative Program
View accreditation and assessment information for the Library and Information Studies program.