Communication Studies M.A.
- Bachelor’s degree with undergraduate credit in communication studies *
- Paper with a research focus written for an undergraduate course
* Students from other academic backgrounds may be admitted with the permission of the director of graduate studies, although some basic courses may have to be taken for no program credit.
Non-native speakers of English are expected to demonstrate proficiency in written and oral English communication (TOEFL score of 230 CBT or 88 iBT for admission; minimum of 250 CBT or 100 iBT, including 23 speaking score, for consideration for teaching assistantships. In all cases, the University minimum must be met on each of the four sections of the TOEFL exam; for more information visit the Graduate School website.
- February 1 for applicants who wish to be considered for financial aid
- July 15 (rolling decisions on applications)
How to Apply
Applications should be completed online through the URI Graduate School.