Communication Studies B.A.
You must achieve a passing grade in COM 100 (Communication Fundamentals) in order to transfer to the College of Arts and Sciences with a major in Communication Studies.
- 120 credits total required for graduation
- At least 42 credits must be in courses numbered 300 or 400 level (may be counted from your major, electives, a minor or general education credits)
- You must complete a minimum of 36 credits (and a maximum of 51 credits) in the major, including:
- COM 202: Public Speaking
- COM 221: Interpersonal Communication
- COM 381: Research Methods in Communication
- COM 382: Communication Theory
- COM 383: Rhetorical Theory
- At least two courses (6 credits) of COM 200 level
- At least two courses (6 credits) of COM 300 level
- at least three courses (9 credits) of COM 400 level
- Please note that courses of independent study and internships do not fulfill the requirements for the major or minor.
The minor in Communication Studies requires you to complete 18 credits from courses currently eligible to count toward the major. Please consult with your advisor if you’re interested in declaring a minor.