Your career starts with your academic plan. We’re here to support and advise you at every stage of your academic career.
- University College provides academic advising as well as information about orientation, choosing a major, internships and experiential learning.
- The Harrington Rangers, undergraduate student leaders, offer peer advising in the Harrington Hub.
- Advising for advanced students is offered by faculty members in each of the Harrington School majors.
Declare your major
All first-year students and transfer students with less than 24 credits take URI 101, a seminar covering academic planning and use of university resources and programs for academic success. Additionally, monthly workshops on finding your major are held the first Monday of each month in the Barlow Hall lounge from 5 to 6 p.m.
For more information, visit University College for Academic Success.
Contact our Career Education Specialist, Jenna Visinho, to explore internship opportunities.
Career Education Specialist Jenna Visinho can support you in the following:
- Resume and Cover Letter Review
- LinkedIn Review
- Internship & job search strategy
- Mock interviews
- Networking and interview approach
Log onto Starfish and schedule an appointment or visit during drop-in advising hours in Ranger Hall, Room 104 on Wednesdays & Thursdays between 1-4 pm (during the fall and spring academic semesters).
Find a course
Use URI’s course catalog to search for courses. Your advisor can also help you to design a course of study that allows you to explore your interests, fulfill your major’s requirements and stay on track to graduate on time.
Find your curriculum sheets:
Refer to your specific program for information about advising, internships and research opportunities.