Everything revolves around effective communication—it’s how we exchange ideas, tell stories that matter, do business, make peace.
Communication is the foundation of a world that works. And whether you see yourself in the world of multimedia journalism, corporate communications, film production, or digital and social media, the Harrington School will give you the knowledge, skills, and experiences you need to get there.
Harrington Big Thinkers
- Professor Emily Diamond Recipient of Research Award - Emily Diamond, assistant professor of communication studies and marine affairs, was the recent recipient of the 2022 Research and Scholarship Excellence Award from URI’s Division of Research and Economic Development.
- Class of 2022: Molly O’Connor -
- Aniebiet Okon on Graphic Design in Sports Media -
In the News
- Tell Us #WhyURI - We want to know why students like you have chosen to make URI their home in 2022.
- 2021 Christiane Amanpour Lecture: Honesty and Authenticity in Political Journalism with Abby Phillip on November 10th from 5:00-6:15pm - Watch for the 2021 Fall Lecture featuring Abby Phillip, CNN’s Anchor and Senior Political Correspondent.