Thank you for visiting the Student Resources Page! The below document is a list of resources you may find useful at the start, during, or near the end of your MLIS program such as forms, form instructions, FAQs, campus links, and career development help.
How to Stay Connected
Stay informed with GSLIS’ important information and news.
- GSLIS Blog
- Instruction @ the URI Libraries: An occasional news letter. In the most recent issue learn about library resources for Graduate students, librarys FAQs for Grads, and support for online students. Also includes a savvy seminar search and feedback survey!
- Current Students Listserv: All new students should sign up for the GSLIS listserv as early as possible. This is the main way that we communicate with students on an ongoing basis.
- GSLIS Alumni Listserv
- GSLIS Student LibGuide
Recommended LIS Blogs
Weblogs (or blogs) are rapidly becoming a dominant form of information dissemination. It is recommended that students read professional blogs as a way to keep up to date on the most current information and events in the Library and Information Science profession.
- J’s Scratchpad: Jennifer Baumgart’s blog on news librarianship
- Librarian in Black: ”resources and discussions for the ‘tech-librarians-by-default’ among us”
- Library Stuff: Stephen M. Cohen’s “resources for keeping current and professional development”
- Stephen’s Lighthouse: Stephen Abram’s blog
- The Distant Librarian: ”Comments on the world of Distance Librarianship”
- Resourceshelf: A list of high-quality web resources