Your faculty adviser will help you plan a program of study and complete the academic requirements for the MLIS degree. Your initial adviser is named in your letter of acceptance, and is a faculty member whose area of expertise corresponds to what we know of your interests and background. Consult with your adviser as early as possible in your first semester, or before registering for elective courses. Your adviser can be reached by telephone or email. You may also request academic advice from other faculty members, including the director. Faculty telephone numbers and e-mail addresses can be found on the Faculty page. Your interests may change, and you may change advisers at any time.
The Graduate School of Library and Information Studies has recently switched over to the use of electronic forms. This is a requirement of the Graduate School and paper forms are no longer accepted. For more information regarding electronic forms, please click here. For instructions on how to submit electronic forms, please click here. For information about creating and setting up a digital signature on Adobe please click here: Mac /PC Users.
For students who wish to switch advisers, you may submit the following form to the Director in person at Rodman Hall Room 103 or by email to email@example.com.
- Change of Adviser Form
- Independent Study Guidelines
- Independent Study Application Form
- Credit by Examination for LSC 595
- Program of Study Form (Note: Program of Study forms are due to the Student Affairs Office, by e-mail, by the end of your first semester in the program. This form should be completed and reviewed by your faculty adviser prior to submission. Every time a change is made to your Program of Study, you must review the chance with your faculty adviser, fill out a new form, and submit to the Student Affairs Office as soon as possible. Important: The Graduate School does not accept initial Program of Study forms in a student’s final semester of graduate study.
- Request to Change/Add a Degree Program
- Leave of Absence
Please read our Graduation Checklist for May 2014 potential graduates. Inside you will find the steps that need to be taken to ensure your successful graduation from the program. Please view this document for graduate school forms, instructions for your digital signature, and some helpful tips for the Nomination for Graduation form MNG for GSLIS students.
For general inquires, please contact the Valerie Karno in the Student Affairs Office at (401) 874-2878 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for Student Affairs office hours and current GSLIS events such as orientation, advising day, classroom changes and holiday schedules.