1. In your URI 101 class, you will take the TYPE FOCUS interest survey which will assist you in narrowing down your options. This and other surveys can also be explored through an appointment in Career Services or by going to their website.
2. Complete Major Exploration Exercise: Use this exercise to help identify your interests, abilities, talents, and values.
3. Using the list of URI College Majors, circle those that may interest you, cross out the ones that do not.
4. Use the curriculum sheets for each major to see the classes you would be taking for this major.
5. Still interested? Check out “Career Connections” page and learn more to determine what path is for you.
6. Check out the web links below for the major/department you are interested in.
7. Make an appointment with a Faculty Advisor for more information or to declare this major.
8. Still confused? Make an appointment with an undeclared faculty advisor on e-campus or at the front desk of Roosevelt Hall to discuss your options.
Additional Undeclared Information and Resources
* MONTHLY WORKSHOPS on finding your major are held the first Monday of each month in Barlow Hall at 5:00-6:00 in the LOUNGE
* KIM WHITE, University College Undeclared Advisor, is in Barlow Hall every Monday for both scheduled and walk in appointments
* EDC279: This course is available during the spring semester. Students will examine their interests and strengths and explore majors that match. For more information and to register, please contact Kim White.
Programs offered through the Harrington School of Communication and Media: